[mythtv-users] Frontend crash during recording - suggestions on workaround

Andy Long andymyth at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 22:42:49 EST 2005

My frontend locks up whenever a scheduled recording happens while
watching LiveTV.  I see from the archives that this is a known bug,
and has purportedly been fixed in recent CVS versions of mythtv
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/100415?search_string=frontend%20lockup;#100415).
I'm fairly new to linux, and the CVS install still makes me a little
nervous to just jump into.  So...

1)  Does anyone know of any workaround to prevent this from happening
(aside from making sure I'm not watching LiveTV when a recording
starts)?

2)  Does anyone know of a decent guide/tutorial on how to upgrade to
the CVS version.  I'm not a complete newbie, but I still need a little
hand holding.

Thanks.

-Andy