[mythtv-users] Foxtel Digital and IR (IT LIVES!)

Daniel Parnell daniel at automagic-software.com
Mon Jan 24 19:42:47 EST 2005

G'day All,

	after quite a bit of messing about with the IR, I had actually given
up trying to get my myth box to control the Foxtel digital set top box
(after upgrading from ye olde foxtel which worked perfectly).
I'd looked around on the net and found a file for some programmable
remote made by Philips that was supposed to be about to control the
Foxtel digital box, but of course it was in it's own file format (a CCF
file).  There are several tools about that will extract the IR codes as
hex strings, and finally this morning I looked through some code that
is supposed to send these IR codes via a special interface attached to
a PocketPC device.  Using this code as a guide I was able to produce a
simple lircd.conf file that allows me to change the channels on again
:)
If anybody is interested I can send them a copy.

Daniel