[mythtv-users] MythTV not tuning or changing channels

Didde Brockman didde.brockman at starring.se
Mon Jan 24 06:15:56 EST 2005

Thanks alot for your help Rutger. I'll try this out and see if it helps.

Something just dawned on me... Does MythTV use "ivtvctl" or
"test_ioctl" for setting channels? It seems as if "test_ioctl" was
deprecated recently and now only returns a message stating we're
supposed to use "ivtvctl" instead. Could this be the source of this
issue? If so it seems almost trivial to fix...

My version of MythTV was release 2004-09 and the ivtv version I'm
running is dated 2005-01 so perhaps "test_ioctl" has been replaced by
"ivtvctl" just now?

Can some enlightened soul please inform us if this is way off?

Kindly,
Didde