[mythtv-users] Capture Cards and DCT-6200

Todd Tidwell artist at wildstar.net
Mon Jan 24 05:05:55 EST 2005

Folks,

I just got Hi-def cable from comcast.  WIth it came a Motorola DCT-6200.  Now, this has a firewire port on it, component-video out, and DVI (with sound, so S?).  I have found some posts on the web about using the firewire to capture via iee1394, etc, but have been able to do no more than make it change channels.

So, a question for the group:  Is there a linux-compatible video capture card (preferably no tuner involved) that can capture from it directly and that Myth can use?  If I could find one, I'd be *SET*, ya know?

Thanks for the help,

-Todd