[mythtv-users] Screen Positioning

Chris Martin chris at caliberweb.com
Mon Jan 24 03:13:14 EST 2005

Hey all,

I can't begin to describe how much this list has helped me in the last two
weeks. Thanks goes out to all of you! ;)

Well, after about 5 Debian installs, 4 Ubuntu installs, a brief relapse to
XP, and one Fedora Core 2 two install, I finally found a winner with Fedora
Core 3. It just worked and Jared's guide was the frosting on the cake.

My hardware goes like so:

Gigabyte K8NS

nVidia 6600 GT

PVR 250 rev. 980(?)

Maxtor 30GB PATA (for the OS. I probably don't need this after getting FC3
working.)

Maxtor 300GB SATA (for myth stuff man!)

512MB DDR400

IRBlaster from irblaster.info

And a nice SilverStone LC-10 case.

Everything that I've had the chance to screw with is running really great.
Except the TV screen is never filled all the way. I always have large black
bars on the right+left and smaller black bars on the top+bottom.

I've adjusted the TV overlay using nvidia-settings, but with too much of
that, I'm just cutting off GUI space and not really changing to way the
image fits the TV. Is there anything I may be missing here?

I'm including the relative parts of my xorg.conf for further reference. I
pulled the "Monitor" section from the archives here.

TIA,

Chris

Xorg.conf

Section "Monitor"

            Identifier   "Monitor0"

            VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"

            ModelName    "Sony Vega 32 TV"

            HorizSync    30 - 50

            VertRefresh  60

            DisplaySize  212 154

            Option       "dpms"

EndSection

Section "Device"

            Identifier  "Videocard0"

            Driver      "nvidia"

            VendorName  "PNY"

            BoardName   "nVidia 6600 GT"

            Option       "RenderAccel"           "1"

            #TV Out Setup

            Option       "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"

            Option       "TVOutFormat"          "SVIDEO"

EndSection

Section "Screen"

            Identifier "Screen0"

            Device     "Videocard0"