[mythtv-users] nuvexport

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Jan 24 00:45:50 EST 2005

> After several days of trying to export video from my pcHDTV HD-3000 card
> to DVD, I have changed paths.  Now I'm trying to export an ASF.  For
> some reason, it seems to be working.  So my question is, why did all
> other exports (Xvid, DVD, VCD) fail?

easy answer:  transcode.

something changed in transcode in the last few weeks that has made it
incompatible with a large number of mpeg2 files.  This has annoyed me to
no end, trying to figure out how to work around it.  Unfortunately, this
seems not to be getting fixed, and because of some other things (like
ffmpeg supporting multipass mpeg2 encoding), I'll be switching most or
all of the exporters over to ffmpeg.

The reason ASF works is, well, it uses ffmpeg.  So does DivX (not XviD),
for that matter, if you'd like something in an avi container.

> When loading up the .nuv file with avidemux2, it asked to index the
> file.  I said yes.  Then it showed a window where I clicked a button to
> find the audio stream - it found one.  When I play the video, there is
> no sound.  However, when I play the file in MythTV, it works great.
> Where is my audio going when I try to transcode???

the latest versions of avidemux don't seem to have audio support for any
of the files I play.  exported files still have audio when played in
xine or mplayer, though.  Or are you asking something else?

-Chris