[mythtv-users] Better lirc files?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Jan 23 17:24:43 EST 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Jos Hoekstra wrote:

> I use this one that I got from Jarod's site and made a couple of changes
> to it to use it together with xine for DVD-playback.
>
> Place it in ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc and symlink to that from ~mythtv/lircrc.

Another one that is based on different keys from the remote.

Anyone using a PVR-350 with a grey&black remote might want to use the
following combo:

lircd.conf: http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/MythTV/lircd.conf
lircrc: http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/MythTV/lircrc

Not it uses different names for many control functions so it will not work
for any other set.

The issue is with matching these two files to use the proper commands and
untill now all samples show me 'CH-' where I get 'Channel-UP' from the
remote.

One MUST match the two files listed above.

I added the key controles as it not logical to use tiny forward and revers
keys to browse through the guide. One can now use UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT to
make it more logical with this remote.

If someone knows which button display the details on a chosen show I could
use the info/menu button in a more sensible way too.

Hugo.