[mythtv-users] Menu GUI offset working?

Nick pvr at insidethex.co.uk
Sun Jan 23 17:09:47 EST 2005

> Hi-
>
> I've done a big google search and haven't found a definitive answer.
> I've got a fresh SuSE 9.2 install of MythTV v0.16 using my PVR-350
> tv-out on a Pundit-R.  Everything works great.  Only issue I have is
> setting GUI offset.  Changes to gui width and height work, but offset
> seems to do nothing, and my menus are running off the left side of the
> screen.  I found one post asking where the settings were saved in the
> database, but no information regarding a solution.  I've also seen
> posts where the offset commands were broken in v0.14.  Has this been
> fixed?  Anyone know of a workaround?  Also, once I get my notes in
> order, I will try to get my install info to whoever was compiling this
> info for SuSE...  Thanks for any insight.

Michael,

If you are using KDE as your desktop, the GUI offset setting does not work
at all and due to the overscan of the 350 you lose the left hand side of the
Myth window. (I'm using a Pundit-R/350/Nova-T combo).

There are a couple of options - you can run MythTV in a window (option in
mythfrontend setup) and can then resize/move the window so it is all
visible. When I tried this it forgot the placement of the window between
runs which wasn't very helpful.

Other option is to use a different desktop, such as ratpoison (or even none
at all). In this scenario I think the offset setting is honoured (I've seen
it work in ratpoison at least) and should help get around this annoying
problem.

Cheers,
Nick