[mythtv-users] mythsetup error on new gentoo install

Travis Osterman tosterman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 16:37:45 EST 2005

> I suppose you could try that for a bit and remove mysql, qt, mythtv and
> then remerge mythtv which should catch them all.  You might want to add
> qt to the use variable as well to be on the safe side.

# cat /etc/make.conf | grep USE
USE="aac aalib alsa apache2 bootsplash divx4linux doc dv dvd dvdread
flac -gnome i8x0 joystick -kde -lcd lirc -mailwrapper mysql mythtv
-nvidia qt real samba tiff transcode v4l v4ls X xinerama xvid"

emerge --unmerge mythbrowser mythdvd mythgallery mythgame mythmusic
mythnews mythphone mythvideo mythweather mythtv mythweb mythtv-themes
nuvexport mysql qt

# emerge -pv mythtv

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild  N    ] dev-db/mysql-4.0.22-r2  +berkdb -debug -innodb +perl
+readline (-selinux) +ssl -static +tcpd 0 kB
[ebuild  N    ] x11-libs/qt-3.3.3-r1  +cups -debug +doc -firebird +gif
-icc -immqt -immqt-bc +ipv6 +mysql -nas -odbc +opengl -postgres
-sqlite +xinerama +zlib 0 kB
[ebuild  N    ] media-tv/mythtv-0.16  +X +alsa +arts -cle266 -debug
-directfb -dvb -lcd +lirc -mmx +nls -nvidia +opengl +oss +xv 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB

Still resulted in the same error as above.  Well, I thank everyone for
their input, I believe I am down to fdisk/livecd/rebuild.  It'll work
next time.

-- Travis