[mythtv-users] Better lirc files?

Preston Crow pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net
Sun Jan 23 13:53:39 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 12:57, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Reminder.  MythTV does not use the .lircrc file in the home directory of
> the user that runs mythfrontend.  It uses it's own LIRC file in
> ~/.mythtv/lircrc.  Are you putting the options in the right file?  IRW
> will by default use the ~/.lircrc and not the mythtv one which could
> explain your differing results.

I've heard some suggestions to make one (~/.lircrc) a symlink to the
other (~/.mythtv/lircrc).  Is that a good idea?  If so, can someone
please post a link to one that works with both Myth and Xine (and with a
Hauppage remote would be perfect for me)?

Also, if such a symlink is often a good idea, why not change Myth to use
~/.lircrc if it doesn't find ~/.mythtv/lircrc?

If that's not a good idea, why not?

Obviously, I'm not up to speed on lirc.

--PC