[mythtv-users] Buffering Video On Playback?

George Styles george at ripnet.co.uk
Sun Jan 23 10:41:35 EST 2005

Hi,

Ive been playing with a wifi (802.1G) laptop running mythfrontend. It /amost/ works, but occasionly you get a little stutter.

I assume this is because the wifi is dropping out a little.

Because it works most of the time, I have concluded that the bandwidth of the wifi is at least enough to stream myth shows (from DVB).

Can you set Myth to read ahead a little and buffer it, to compensate for small temporary dropouts in the connection? all it would have to do would be to read at (say) 110% speed, and dip into the buffer when needed.

As an aside, can mplayer be made to do this?

thanks