[mythtv-users] mythsetup error on new gentoo install

Travis Osterman tosterman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 01:06:30 EST 2005

I'm installing mythtv on my new gentoo install and have gotten to the
point of running mythsetup and get the following error.

$ mythsetup
QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
Unable to connect to database!
No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
Unable to open database:
Driver error was:
Driver not loaded
Database error was:
Driver not loaded

I googled and searched the list and found solutions for fedora and the
gentoo-related mainly said to check the USE variable and recompile qt.
 Which I've done.

# /etc/init.d/mythbackend status
 * status:  started
# /etc/init.d/mysql status
 * status:  started
# cat /etc/make.conf | grep USE
USE="aac aalib alsa apache2 bootsplash divx4linux doc dv dvd dvdread
flac -gnome i8x0 joystick -kde -lcd lirc -mailwrapper mysql mythtv
-nvidia real samba tiff transcode v4l v4ls X xinerama xvid"

I unmerged and remerged qt with no change and am a bit frustrated as
to how I need to proceed.  I thank you for any assistance.

-- Travis Osterman