[mythtv-users] Re: New Mac Mini

Jesse Perkins jesse.perkins at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 12:54:13 EST 2005

A friend of mine just got a new iBook which is very compariable to the
mini macs in performace.  We found a compiled copy of mythtv for OSX
and it worked ok.  The playback of my recordings (from pvr250) was
using all the cpu and was a little jerky.  There was no mythvideo or
mythmusic on this binary install, so I do not know if they would work.

I was thinking about installing Ubuntu or yellowdog linux and trying
to run mythtv that way.  Maybe the performance would be better.  But
I'm sure that someone familiar with compiling things on the OS X could
make some enhancements to the compile options and get it working a
little better with the playback.

Jesse