[mythtv-users] PVR-350 : extending infra-red remote cable

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 23:54:14 EST 2005

It looks like a 2.5mm audio cable (same type of connector as the TI
calculator). You should be able to get an extension cable with those
ends on it fairly easily. If not, you can always just get a length of
3 conductor cable and throw those connectors on it.

I would definitely splurge to buy an extension cable or the connectors
before cutting and splicing the cable.

 - Jeff

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:23:25 +1300, James Ogle <jogle at wetafx.co.nz> wrote:
> I have mine running through 5 meters of cat5 cable, ir reciever uses 3
> strands and my ir blaster uses another 2. It all works fine.
>
> to save cutting your cable just get a mini stereo jack and socket and
> use any old cable as an extension cord.
>
> -James
>
> Tim T. wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >  I've got a working install, on a spare desktop system. This system
> >is located behind a
> >wall with respect to the TV. The next experiment is to connect the
> >TV-out. Got plenty of cable, and it worked before.
> >
> >  The problem: The cable for the IR will never reach the tv, and
> >getting up to point the
> >remote around the wall won't work.
> >
> >  How can I extend the IR cable ?
> >
> >  TimT.

> --
>                          -- jamesOgle -- models -- wetaDigital --
>                                       -- ext4589 -- 04.3875769 --
>
>   ==   Here in the Models Dept, we pride ourselves in the      ==
>   ==   sweetasery of both our hand crafted digital models,     ==
>   ==   and of our fine line of extreme sporting accessories.   ==

email me if you want a gmail invite, I have some invites