[mythtv-users] Archiving TV shows to DVD

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 23:02:10 EST 2005

I've tried a lot of things, and here's the best solution I've found:

nuvexport to dvd or mpeg2 (cutlist only). This generates the mpg file
out of the NUV

then I use dvdstyler to make the menus and place the mpegs.

I burn an image, then burn the image to the dvd. voila!

There are probably a lot of other ways to do it, but this one doesn't
involve any commandline options. It's just "nuvexport" (menu select
the videos) then dvdstyler, which is GUI. ahhh

The dependencies are a little bit of a snag, but they are do-able.
stick with that one if you can, whenever you hit a dep., just google
it to find out what package it's in, and try to install it. I forget
what I had to install, but I remember one of them was a tarball-only,
I couldn't even find an ebuild for it.

- Jeff

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:16:26 -0600, M S <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,  I know this is has been asked before, but I can't seem to find
> the right answer.  I want an _easy_ solution to backup shows to DVDs,
> but I can't seem to find it.  I've tried the MythBurnDVD, but it
> produces some video glitches and doesn't do AC3 sound.  I can't get
> nuv2disc to work because I can't get the dependencies to work.  I have
> 170GB available to save shows on, and only have 9GB left.  I'd really
> like to archive a majority of these to DVD.
>
> Please help, what is a viable option.  Saying "I use DVDAuthor" isn't
> a viable option.  The closest that seems to be simple to use is
> MythBurnDVD, but it has some downpoints.

email me if you want a gmail invite, I have some invites