[mythtv-users] Via EPIA Experiences

Matt Picker mpicker21 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 22:08:23 EST 2005

--- Mark Anderson <markjanderson at mail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I am thinking about setting up a mythfrontend based
> on the VIA EPIA
> MII1000 motherboard and was hoping someone with some
> experience with the
> EPIAs could answer a couple of questions for me:
>
> 1.	Can it can playback DVB mpeg2 video without
> stuttering?

You shouldn't have a problem with that.  I'm not
familiar with what the DVB would do to change normal
mepg2 decoding.

> 2.	Does the XvMC for the VIA provide a colour OSD?

Yes there is support for it.  I am not sure if it has
made it into cvs entirely or not but there was some
patches out there for enabling it.  Check the dev list
archive.

> 3.	I'm guessing that HD is out of the question even
> with XvMC?

I don't know the limits of the decoder or the library.
 HD is no more than just that mpeg video with a higher
res and bitrate right?