[mythtv-users] Limiting file transfer speed (to combat Epia system lockup)

Andrew Plumb aplumb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 21:40:06 EST 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:11:21 -0600, Robert Denier <denier at umr.edu> wrote:
>[deletia]
> Of course my real recomendation would be to fix the underlying problem,
> but that might require new hardware of some kind.
[rest deletia]

I've been running into the same issue on transfers, deleting files,
etc.  My guess is that heavy HD access is "starving" my PVR-350's DMA
access.

Can someone think of some way to profile and balance out the DMA
activity?  Perhaps using hdparm, but I'd rather the kernel manage it
somehow by giving the PVR-350 DMA priority over HD instead of scaling
back HD performance, since the PVR-350 still needs to be able to write
to the hard-drive.

The only alternative I can think of is using a kernel modified for
embedded systems...

Andrew.

--

If you don't know what to do, do something.