[mythtv-users] Whats the most stable system at the monent?

David Levine curiouskangaroo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 14:00:30 EST 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:13:00 -0500, David George <david at thegeorges.us> wrote:
> On 1/21/2005 12:15 PM, Jå§òÑ M@¢þhè®$Øñ wrote:
>
> >Just another Data point for you:
> >
> >I run FC2, with a pvr-350 and myth 0.16
> >
> >I average about one crash every two days.
> >

> Interesting, I run FC2 with (2) PVR-250 and a pcHDTV HD-2000 and my
> system is rock solid.
>
> --
> David

I'm on FC2 with (2) PVR-250, running MythTV 0.16.20040906-1.  My
system uptime is 90 days and the MythTV backend has been running since
Dec 13 without a problem.  The backend would have been up longer, but
I purposefully restarted it to make sure deleted files were really
deleted.  The last time the machine itself was restarted was when I
was experimenting with some startup options, not due to a crash.
However, I very rarely run a front-end on that machine, my normal
front-end is an XBox (which doesn't nearly have the same uptime!)

So fairly solid here (although just by saying this you realize I'll
probably have some sort of problem today...)

--David