[mythtv-users] Whats the most stable system at the monent?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Jan 21 11:48:26 EST 2005

Frank smith wrote:

>HI
>Just wondering,
>What is the most stable system at this time?
>I mean is it:
>FC1 with a pvr 250?
>Or
>Something like Suse 9.1
>
>I don't mean cutting edge more like,
>pretty much guaranteed to just run and allow recording and playback of
>TV plus Music.

Granted, I do not use a PVR-250, but I've seen the most "trouble" coming
from people upgrading various revisions of FedoraCore from a previously
working system.  I'm still running the old Redhat 9 and I don't have any
issues with my system (2.4 kernel).  While it may be nice to keep the
system latest and greatest and maybe the PVR people have more of a need
due to drivers, etc., I'm holding to the ain't broke don't fix it
mentality and sticking with my 2.4 kernel and RH9 system.

Kevin