[mythtv-users] XBOX Implementation

Peter Provart (pprovart) pprovart at cisco.com
Fri Jan 21 11:08:26 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm brand new to Myth TV so I would like some comments and discussion
from those who are a little bit longer in the tooth... I already have
SKY+ for TV recording...

Heres my anticipated setup...

ME--Wireless Handset---XBOX---802.11g---ServerPC --- Stores Music and
Video (no PVR)
                      /  |      \-Broadband---Internet Streaming Radio
and weather!
                AV AMP  TV                 \-- Video Conf with family
whome I will build a system for!!

1) I plan on buying a second hand XBOX and putting Linux on it to run
MythTV as a Front End to the rest of my system

Q.1 Wondered if I could get a Webcam working with the XBOX (nice to
have!)

Q.2 Would anyone suggest anythign better as a Front End Server other
than the xBox?

Q.3 If anyone has put Myth on Linux on and Xbox... Could they contact me
so I could discuss the implementaiton and gotchas etc!!

Looking forward to an excitign few months...

Cheers
Pete