[mythtv-users] FW: New Source Forge Project MythStreamTV

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Fri Jan 21 00:42:59 EST 2005

I should have just tried it before writing... I opened up another port
and now have mythstreamtv working.  Cool!  On my Linux box I could only
get it to play in the VLC client, using the mmsh:// syntax.  Couldn't
get it to work with xine v0.99.3 (just hangs).  Same with mplayer, but I
have a recent version (1.0pre6-3.4.2).  Problem is, the quality in VLC
is quite poor no matter which codec or bitrate I choose - very blocky
and poor quality audio.  I also tried it on an XP box using WMP, and the
quality is perfect!  Huge difference.  Problem is, I'm usually sitting
at a Linux machine.