[mythtv-users] "Prebuffering pause" and no sound

Noel Murphy bnmurphy at rogers.com
Thu Jan 20 10:08:54 EST 2005

I have just recently encountered the exact same problem. However, I was
able to get sound by turning my "use internal sound mixer" setting back
on. (It was off before because I just use the volume on the stereo
device myth is hooked to).

The only thing that I can thing of is that I did a couple updates
yesterday and this trouble began when I rebooted the machine.
I only use the at-stable tree, but I can't remember what updates I did.
I do updates every few days (probably shouldn't...don't screw with what
works), so it has to be something fairly recent.

Noel Murphy