[mythtv-users] Re: Putting a toe in the CVS water

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Thu Jan 20 04:21:13 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 23:39 +1100, Phill Edwards wrote:
> Oh - I thought these would be source RPMs as I got the list from
> http://atrpms.net/dist/fc2/myth-cvs/  I'm a bit confused now as I
> thought it a list of CVS RPMs would be source code.

No, you can have pre-built binary RPMs of current CVS, just like you can
of any release. There's nothing magical about CVS snapshots. In fact, I
recommend you install those pre-built RPMs of CVS snapshots from Axel's
repo before you try building your own. It'll help get you a feel for it.

> > rpm-src http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de/ fedora/3/en/x86_64 at-bleeding
>
> So the source RPMs don't come from Axel's repo?

Ah, that is Axel's repo. ;) at-bleeding in fact. Sounds like you're
using Axel's repo manually rather than via apt. In which case I'd get
apt & synaptic installed soon, makes life much easier.

You'll find exactly the same source rpm's from axel's web site you
included above - you just need to scroll the page to see the source
rpms, which all end .src.rpm.

Cheers,

Martin.