[mythtv-users] different audiomux options with two different bttv cards

Daniel Kamalic pocky at mit.edu
Thu Jan 20 03:08:54 EST 2005

Under Fedora 2, I've got two bttv cards running well with Myth
independently of each other.  They are:

AverTV Studio
IXMicro TurboTV

However, to make the AverTV give me the correct audio program (and
not SAP), I have to pass audiomux to bttv in modprobe.conf:

options bttv audiomux=4,4,8,4,0

And in order to make the IXMicro choose the correct tuner type, I have to
pass card=9 to bttv.  The two cards work together except for the Aver
card on the SAP audio program when I use card=41,9

But when I use:

options bttv card=41,9 audiomux=4,4,8,4,0

Those very audiomux options get passed to both cards, and I get no audio
out of the IXMicro card.

according to
Documentation/video4linux/bttv/Insmod-options,

"remap, card, radio, and p11 accept up to four comma-separated arguments
(for multiple boards)"

Is there any way at all to pass the audiomux option to only the first card
and not the second?  The IXMicro works fine without it.