[mythtv-users] looking for A7N8X-E sound advice

Andrew Ziobro aziobro at valleygreen.biz
Wed Jan 19 21:36:12 EST 2005

John Freer wrote:

>Wondering if someone could give me suggestions on how to best get the
>A7N8X-E Deluxe's SPDIF port working.
>
>Fresh FC3 install
>
>Would appreciate a copy of someone's .asoundrc file and any special
>modprobe.conf entries of note.
>
>I've been going over the alsa postings for the 810 module, but
>haven't found a working combination yet.
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>JF

Not sure if this will help, but i just found a neat trick for using the
SPDIF on the xbox (810 module).
In your /etc/modules.conf: (Gentoo use /etc/conf.d/alsa then
modules-update) place the following

options snd-pcm-oss dsp_map=0 adsp_map=2

This will place the analog dsp on /dev/dsp and the spdif on /dev/adsp.
You can then use the standard myth oss drivers.

The only issue is that only one output is active at a time.

Drew