[mythtv-users] Skipping adverts in UK using DVB-T - supported ?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Jan 19 18:07:32 EST 2005

> Haven't updated my cvs version yet to try the new detection, but does
> it also monitor for aspect ratio changes?  Just noticed while watching
> tv yesterday quite a few channels change aspect ratio when they switch
> to the adverts (I'm in the UK).
>
> In this situation it could be a very accurate way for detecting ads.

Is this a physical aspect ratio change or does the frame stay the same
ratio and have black bars on the top/bottom?  I have a sample of a UK
broadcast that uses the black bars and will be trying to code up something
to detect that transition so it can be used to determine where commercials
start/stop.  If you mean a physical frame aspect ratio change, then I'd
like to detect this at some point but don't have any sample recordings
to test with right now (I'm in the U.S. with analog cable).

--

Chris