[mythtv-users] fastest Myth start

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Wed Jan 19 15:32:14 EST 2005

I counted 42 seconds before kde was up with me hitting enter at the grub
prompt rather than waiting.  I didn't count the time to enter a username
and password either before typing startx.

Since kde loaded a lot of windows, I'd imagine I could load myth in that
time easily.  I'd guess if this was a dedicated myth box you could get
down to around 30 seconds with a custom built minimal gentoo system
running on modern hardware.  Of course that is a guess..