[mythtv-users] FW: New Source Forge Project MythStreamTV

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 15:01:53 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:00:54 -0800, Joshua Ebel <jebel at bivio.net> wrote:
> Confirm that your Myth box is listening on the port you configured to stream
> from. 'netstat -an | grep portnumber'
>
> If the output from netstat shows VLC listening on the port the bind went ok
> and it should work. From WMP enter open url http://iporhost:portnumber or
> mms://iporhost:portnumber
>
> Also you could enable verbose debugging by entering -vvv in mythstreamtv.sh.
>
> From this point if your unable to see any connections check into firewall
> settings etc. (ala iptables etc)
>
> Hope that helps.
> -Joshua Ebel

Ok, it's working, sort of ;)  I won't go into the details of getting
it work because frankly I'm ashamed to (read that, "port forwarding of
port 8001 should go to the Myth Box, and not another box on the
network that isn't streaming a damn thing ;)" )

Anywho...

The "sort of" part is that I still can't start the stream from the web
interface.  I have to push the command through the CLI.  Wondering if
this is due to a permission problem?  When the "Start Stream" button
is pushed, the window showing what is in the log file shows that "vlc"
is not a recognized command, like this:

Starting Stream of 1249_20050118160000_20050118163000.nuv
/video/mythstreamtv/mythstreamtv.sh: line 37: vlc: command not found

I'm not sure which permission to tweak, if that's the problem.  Any suggestions?

Btw, thanks all for the help.  This is a very, very cool feature.
Thanks Joshua for taking the time and sharing!

Geoff