[mythtv-users] Nova-t remote with linux 2.6

Kalle Pokki kalle.pokki at iki.fi
Wed Jan 19 09:19:59 EST 2005

Mark Howells wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:32:54 +0200, Kalle Pokki <kalle.pokki at iki.fi> wrote:
>

>>So update the cx88 driver and follow
>>the instructions in these documents to set up the system to use the lirc
>>daemon.
>>

>I'll see if the budget* drivers have been updated from those I'm
>using.  I was hoping not to use the lircd in favour of mapping remote
>commands to the event0 interface.

With the old nova-t I think the infrared support should have been there
for some time now, but of course you can always still try updating.

I'm a little confused how you are then going to use the event interface
if you don't use lircd. I'm not that familiar with the workings of the
input layer, but anyway lircd uses the event interface and then maps the
remote buttons into keys the application understands. Were you just
going to use the remote as a second "keyboard" or something like that?
But in this case the characters coming from the input layer are probably
not the ones the application wants to see.