[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase

Teruel de Campo chusty at attglobal.net
Wed Jan 19 09:10:31 EST 2005

wintv-pvr 350
amd64
suse 9.2

Problem: mythfilldatabase does not run. I spend days checking threads
with no luck. Please I need your help ;-)

Present State: Myth running ok both video and sound. After piping mc.sql
  and doing the setup I get the channels fill only for the following
day. I can program the recording and it works.
I am using DataDirect to get the TV listing in the USA.
I have not install XMLTV.

Mythfilldatabase: If I do the setup for mythtv when is done ask me to
run mythfilldatabase. If I do it completes with errors and I have to
reinstall and not run mythfilldatabase to be able to run the
mythbackend. Then I check to run the mythfilldatabase
inside of the front end. But is does not run.

Walk through test: After a fresh reboot of the system and  have mysql
starting at boot. I do the following steps:

(a) Load the modules
# depmod -ae
# modprobe ivtv

(b) check mysql is running:
$ ps ax | grep mysql
  5353 ?        S      0:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql
--pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/mysqld.pid --socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
--datadir=/var/lib/mysql
  5501 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr
--datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql
--pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/mysqld.pid --skip-locking --port=3306
--socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
  7041 pts/1    R+     0:00 grep mysql

(c) check port:
$ nmap localhost
Starting nmap 3.75 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2005-01-19 06:24 MST
Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
(The 1658 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT     STATE SERVICE
22/tcp   open  ssh
25/tcp   open  smtp
111/tcp  open  rpcbind
631/tcp  open  ipp
3306/tcp open  mysql

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.194 seconds

(d) check tables:
$ mysql -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> show tables;

+----------------------------+
| Tables_in_mythconverg      |
+----------------------------+
| callsignnetworkmap         |
| capturecard                |
| cardinput                  |
| channel                    |
| codecparams                |
| conflictresolutionany      |
| conflictresolutionoverride |
| conflictresolutionsingle   |
| credits                    |
| dvb_channel                |
| dvb_pids                   |
| dvb_sat                    |
| dvb_signal_quality         |
| favorites                  |
| housekeeping               |
| jumppoints                 |
| keybindings                |
| keyword                    |
| mythlog                    |
| networkiconmap             |
| oldprogram                 |
| oldrecorded                |
| people                     |
| profilegroups              |
| program                    |
| programgenres              |
| programrating              |
| recgrouppassword           |
| record                     |
| recorded                   |
| recordedmarkup             |
| recordingprofiles          |
| recordoverride             |
| settings                   |
| transcoding                |
| videosource                |
+----------------------------+
36 rows in set (0.00 sec)

(d) check permissions of:

/var/lib/mysql directory
drwxr-xr-x  6 mysql  mysql 28672 2005-01-19 06:14 mysql

/var/lib/mysql/ content
drwx------  2 mysql daemon    48 2005-01-08 20:54 info
drwx------  2 mysql daemon  4096 2005-01-01 17:07 mysql
-rw-rw----  1 mysql mysql      5 2005-01-19 06:14 mysqld.pid
srwxrwxrwx  1 mysql mysql      0 2005-01-19 06:14 mysql.sock
drwx------  2 mysql daemon 12288 2005-01-18 06:22 mythconverg

(e) Backend and Frontend are not running. Run mythfilldatabase:

$ mythfilldatabase

Refreshing Tomorrow's data
Retrieving datadirect data......................
Grab complete..........
Main temp tables populated.  Updating myth channels................
DB Error (Inserting into program table):
Query was:
INSERT IGNORE INTO program ..................
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Got error 127 from table handler

DB Error (Inserting into credits table):
Query was:
INSERT IGNORE INTO credits (chanid, starttime, person, role) SELECT
chanid, starttime, person, role FROM dd_productioncrew, dd_v_program,
people WHERE ((dd_productioncrew.programid = dd_v_program.programid) AND
(dd_productioncrew.fullname = people.name));
Driver error was [2/1016]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Can't open file: 'credits.MYI'. (errno: 144)

............it repeats the same for each day. The last one has a
different error:

Driver error was [2/2013]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Lost connection to MySQL server during query

(d) I know what the error 144 means:
MySQL error:  145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired
and I know how to repair it or dropped and create a new one but the
problem repeat itself and I have never been able to run
mythfilldatabase. This is my third week trying :-(

QUESTIONS:
(1) I am getting the TV listing from DataDirect. Do I need XMLTV
installed? I have not installed.
(2) Does the query from mythfilldatabase wrong?
(3) Can the myth table have mistakes? but then why after the setup I can
get at least one day with all the channels filled correctly.

TIA

-=terry(Denver)=-