[mythtv-users] Re: 2.6.10-1.741_FC3 lock up?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jan 19 03:35:36 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 09:23:38PM -0500, Anthony Vito wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:03:58 -0600, Larry Silverman
> <cerulean47 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmm, tried this, it still locked, same as before.  It says:
> > Starting udev:
> > Initializing hardware    storage  network  audio <FREEZE>
> >

> You've changed kernels, and some device module that registers with
> udev needs to be recompiled. This is most likely the nvidia driver. In
> that case....
>
> You don't need to edit the grub.conf file. You just need to hit "e" on
> the kernel line before boot and remove the "rhgb" entry. When you boot
> you will get X errors. login and reinstall the nvidia driver. Remember
> to execute "cp -a /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices/" after your done.
> reboot and you'll be all set...
>
> ( I've done this like 8 times now ;)  )

No need to mess with udev, if you have the ATrpms packages installed
:)

But you do need to upgrade all kmdls to the new kernel, I believe
there is a section on it on Jarod's guide on how to do it (there is
nothing that is not in Jarod's guide ;).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net