[mythtv-users] nvidia geforce MX 4000 and blank/black screen

MacNean C. Tyrrell dardack at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jan 18 23:29:54 EST 2005

I recently installed KnoppMyth, and i would put it in its forum, but it
was deleted from the installation forum even tho i believe it relates to
installation.

I get it installed and follow the steps, but get to the part where you
install the nvidia drivers, and when X restarts it goes all black.  I've
edited XFConfig-4 many times trying to get it to work, but it's always
black.  I even used a config file from a SIS card i know works with
KnoppMyth and just changed the driver to nvidia, and its pretty generic
nothing specific and still black when it boots into X.

I have geforce MX 4000.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.