[mythtv-users] HDTV, Myth, HD-2000, HD-3000, questions galore (and hopefully answers from the smart people... )

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 19:50:26 EST 2005

--- Julian <cerebro70 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anyway I have read that the cable companies can
> detect
> how much bandwidth you are consuming...so viewing
> the
> content without paying is risky.

I think it would be a good trick if cable companies
could detect how much bandwidth you were receiving
from their cable connection.  This sounds more like
urban myth spread by the cable monopolies.  I don't
advocate stealing anyone's signal, but if they are
shipping unencrypted QAM over your "basic" cable
subscription, I see no reason to avoid demodulating
it.