[mythtv-users] RE: MythTV and Widescreen displays?

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 18 18:42:29 EST 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 14:58, Michael J. Sherman wrote:
> > I've tried using the w key to switch between different aspect
> > ratio's, but the video goes from the left to the right of the monitor
> > regardless of which setting I use. Is there anyway to get mythtv to
> > display the tv broadcast correctly?
>
> You need to add a line to your xorg.conf (or XF86Config) file located
> in the /etc/X11/ directory.  In the "Monitor" section add a line like
> this:
>
>       DisplaySize     16 9
>
> At least that worked for me...

But don't use those values for anything other than a dedicated mythtv box (and
possibly not even then!). They are supposed to be a measure of your screen
size in mm. Changing those values, under say KDE, will change the size of
fonts (which will change widget size) and can make your display unusable.

Set them correctly and Myth will do some sums and realize you have a 16:9
screen.
--
Steve Boddy