[mythtv-users] FW: New Source Forge Project MythStreamTV

Joshua Ebel jebel at bivio.net
Tue Jan 18 18:35:45 EST 2005

David-

Yes wrapping the control to the http interface could be done quite easily.
Also there is an rc (text) interface that allows keystrokes to control the
output of VLC. If you're interesting in how the VLC HTTP interface works,
there is full documentation in the Videolan client docs that describes
creating a custom interface.

I will consider wrapping the interface in MythWeb for security's sake. But
initially my proof of concept probably won't be that way.... (Unless I can
find a really easy way to do it! :)

Unfortunately my 'real' job is starting to get busy and that leaves less
time for me to play.

If you can get something working I wouldn't be opposed to adding it to the
project.

Thanks,
-Joshua Ebel