[mythtv-users] fastest Myth start

Les Gondor les at adanac.net
Tue Jan 18 15:13:47 EST 2005

Others may find this link informative:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-boot.html?ca=dgr-lnxw04BootFaster

It describes the process of using 'make' to start the init.d scripts in
parallel based on their interdependencies (starting ntp, nfs and samba
in parallel, but only after the network interfaces have started).

Eliminating unnecessary services entirely is probably far more fruitful.
There's no need for samba startup if you're not sharing files with
Windows boxes.

In my own case, I'd have to count the 30 second delayed autologin of
mythtv, so I'd probably lose :-)

Cheers,
Les Gondor