[mythtv-users] PVR 350 TV out

Nick pvr at insidethex.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 08:16:25 EST 2005

Hi again,

I'm in the UK too, so hopefully will be a similar card (is it a 990 model or
the newer 992?)

When I used the svid connection, input 6 was the correct one (4 is the
tuner, 0 the composite which I use now)

Therefore

# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 6
# dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k

(btw did you try all 9 inputs on the card? you should get static on 4, and
prob a b+w image on 0)

Could you send the ivtv init output from your /var/log/messages file which I
can have a check through later. Should be obvious if the card's properly
recognised and setup etc. [might as well attach your modprobe.conf as well]
Which version of the ivtv driver and firmware are you using - is this from
atrpms or have you compiled it yourself?

Because you can see the test image from the card on the TV, I'd assume the
cable was fine (is it a switchable SCART or clearly marked for
directionality?). I remember the test_image bit would cause my card to never
get back to a clear framebuffer and needed a cold restart to clear. As you
know if works, I'd refrain from doing it during testing again to eliminate
potential probs it causes.

It's good news that catting video0 to a file and playing back gives a
perfect video though... Was this input 6?

Cheers,
Nick