[mythtv-users] Intermittent video issues

Andy Whitworth andywhit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 05:08:49 EST 2005

Hi,

Quite frequently when watching either live TV or recordings the video picture
becomes corrupt.  I get either overlaid colour planes or a purple tinge to the
picture.  Stopping viewing and then restarting viewing can result in the problem
going away or sometimes it doesn't.  The same thing happens in mplayer also.

I'm using a Hauppauge Nova-T  DVB-T PCI card with Fedora Core3, 2.6.10
and Myth 0.16 (no patches).  Both frontend and backend are running on the
same box, P4 2.4Ghz 1Gb RAM, 160GB Maxtor IDE HDD so I've got plenty
of horsepower.  I'm currently using Myth on my TFT monitor and the VGA output
is handled by on-board motherboard stuff.  Mobo is an Abit BG7E which has
Intel 845GE  graphics.  The corruption isn't recorded and so I guess the data
stream from the DVB-T card is OK but is being screwed up by the frontend.
The corruption doesn't completely mess up the picture in that you can see
what's going on but the colour mix is incorrect or the colour planes overlaid.
Corruption doesn't always happen, perhaps 10-20% of the time ?  CPU is
only 10-20% utilised.

Any ideas ?

Andy.