[mythtv-users] Can't get audio working with MythTV

Scott Simpson mythtv-users at scottsimpson.tv
Tue Jan 18 01:15:47 EST 2005

AverTV Studio card, Fedora 3 MythTV (Jarod's guide)

I have TV working with sound. When I run "tvtime" and
"gnome-volume-control" I get sound and TV output and everything works
fine. However,

1. When I exit "tvtime", and I go back into "gnome-volume-control", the
audio level for Line In is all the way to the bottom and I have to move
it back up again. What is doing this? I haven't even started MythTV yet.

2. According to Jarod's guide, I need to turn the Mute checkbox on Line
In. When I do this, "tvtime" doesn't have audio output anymore but that
is OK. Jarod's guide said this would happen but I should do it anyways.
When I go into MythTV though and watch TV, I can watch the video but I
get no sound. I can't get sound in MythTV whether Mute for Line In is on
or off.

Thanks for any help.
    Scott Simpson
    Scott.Simpson at computer.org