[mythtv-users] Which Distribution?

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Mon Jan 17 22:34:12 EST 2005

If we can keep this thread going, then there will be no need to start a
new one in two weeks.

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 02:35, Roy Murphy wrote:
> > All Debian upgrades consist of 'apt-get' to newer
> > versions of individual packages; you are never required
> > to reinstall, and a reinstall is never easier. So if you
> > use third party packages which require newer base
> > packages, apt-get will fetch those for you. No big deal.
> >
> > For those who aren't aware, apt-get is a Debian program
> > originally.
>
> I have political differences with the people behind Debian which have
> kept me from trying the distribution. They are too ideological for me.

Debian politics are a pain, they may have there uses but they always
seem to go to the extremes.

Personal I've given up on stable releases from Debian.  The only place
to be is Sid/Unstable.  The core of Debian is good but dated and
suggestions are ignored or shot down.  I love the other packages for
there depth and well worn ways.  Debian is too focused on server use and
even users that use it for servers are giving up on it.

We need new smart blood at Debian to lead the way.

Paul