[mythtv-users] Skipping adverts in UK using DVB-T - supported ?

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Mon Jan 17 22:10:39 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 09:24, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > In Australia, all commercial breaks begin and end with a blank (black)
> > frame.
> Paul - is that true for analogue TV as well (I see you're on digital),
> and are you getting good commercial detection? Mine is abysmal. What
> are your commercial detection settings in your setup - I'd like to get
> this working if I can.

Analogue TV does have the blank frames.  Some guys from the university I
went to built a device to detect them.  It was for VCR commercial
removal.  When they tried to sell it, they found that there was already
a device available.

I gave up on commercial detection but just realized last night that only
abc and seven have the dotted line at the top, and maybe commercial
detection will work for the other channels.

Paul