[mythtv-users] DVD authoring procedures for archive <from Whatnotto do ...>

james meyer james.meyer at operamail.com
Mon Jan 17 14:58:27 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leder, Tony" <Tony_Leder at alliedtelesyn.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] DVD authoring procedures for archive <from Whatnotto do ...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:31:29 -0800

> Very similar for me, except for the authoring.
>
> 1.  Mark Commercials in Myth
>
> 2.  Use the MPEG2->MPEG2 option of nuvexport.
>
> 3.  Use DVDauthor to create Video TS and Audio TS
>
> 4.  Then on windows transfer from the linux machine.  I then use Nero to
> burn the disc.

Here is what I do, I use pvr-250's set at 720x480 but with one additional step it will work with bttv cards as well
1) Mark commercials in Myth
2) Select nuv2disc from the myth menu
3) select the files I want to burn to dvd
4) select background image + music
5) press Done to kick off the job
6) wait 10-30 minutes
6) select preview from the menu, to make sure the dvd is good
7) select burn dvd from the nuv2disc menu.

-jm