[mythtv-users] MythDVD Rip/transcode

Aaron W walsham at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 11:48:51 EST 2005

I was able to Rip and Transcode DVD's to my hard drive without issue.
I changed the location of where I want to save the videos (and also
the temp location) and from that point on the transcode part of the
process does not work.  I have already checked folder permissions, and
also tried changing back to my original settings.  But the issue still
exists.

If I rip the DVD in perfect mode it is sucessful.  However, when I try
in "good" or "medium" quality, I see a temp file (in the MOVIE/vob
subdirectory) being created, but I never see the AVI file get created.
 I looked in my mtd.log file and I see where the transcode command is
issued.  The command looks okay, and I don't see any other error
messages.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Aaron