[mythtv-users] possible to automate music and video manager scans?

Justin Walther justin.walther at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 10:46:37 EST 2005

Hello all,
Is it possible to automate the music library and video library scans?

Right now when I add add a new video or new mp3s to my collection
which I then mount from my mythbox, I have to go into settings and
open the video manager to get myth to rescan the available videos or
choose scan music to get it to scan for new mp3s.  While the video
manager isn't a big deal, the mp3 scan takes 30mins sometimes.  I
would like to be able to do this in the middle of the night on a
nightly basis via cron or something.

Are there command line commands to do these scans?

Thanks,
Justin