[mythtv-users] Skipping adverts in UK using DVB-T - supported ?

Julian Edwards ed at julian-edwards.com
Mon Jan 17 04:34:20 EST 2005

Andy Whitworth wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Am I correct in believing that commercial detection/skipping
>doesn't work in the UK when using DVB-T ?  When I press
>the 'skip' button during an ad while watching a recording then
>I get a message to the effect that no marker is found (can't
>remember exact wording).  The channel is setup as one which
>does have commercials.
>
>Or has anyone in UK got ad detection working using DVB-T ?

I've tried all of the detection methods on most channels now, and
there's nothing that really works properly.

A while back I was quite hopeful that the logo detection would do the
job, but it doesn't work either.  A shame, since it's probably the most
consistent ad marker across all the channels.  (Annoyingly so, I hate logos)

Turn the ad detection off and save yourself some CPU cycles/heat!