[mythtv-users] Mythtv on x86_64 SMP

Tom myth at acalprecision.com
Sun Jan 16 17:02:42 EST 2005

Ian Forde wrote:

> The ugly:
> 1. Not a lot of people are going the x86_64 route.  If you're planning
> on using Fedora Core 3, expect problems.  Lots of problems.  You may
> want to consider Gentoo.  So I'd recommend compiling myth and going with
> CVS.

Well, I attempted to install on FC3 this weekend to no avail. In fact, I
never got past the initial install. I had a P3-866 board in my hand,
ready to pull the amd64 board, but I decided to try Gentoo for the first
time. I'm in the middle of installing it right now. Seeing that there
are major differences between the 2 distros,  I wondered if I could pick
your brain(s) just a bit?

Did you compile everything (ivtv, nvidia (if you have their card), myth)
yourself? Did you simply install myth following the install procedure at
mythtv.org or some other Gentoo howto?

Thanks for any help.

--
Tom