[mythtv-users] remote to sony.pl link

Jim Kusznir jim at kusznir.net
Sun Jan 16 16:09:48 EST 2005

I use sony.pl to change channels on my system.

Mythbackend calls whatever is in the "channel change script" with the
channel number as the argument.  Therefore, if sony.pl works from the
command line and you have the full path to the executable in myth setup,
and you've restarted the back end since making the change, it should
work.  If not, I would run the frontend through a terminal (ssh in, set
the display approprately, and run mythfrontend manually) so you can see
any errors and such.  If you add debugging print statements to sony.pl,
you should see it here as well as any permissions problems.

--Jim