[mythtv-users] Sources via apt-get

Rob Greene robgreene at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 12:19:09 EST 2005

How does one properly get the source code via apt-get? I've been
pointed towards a patch that I'd like to try against the 0.16 source
code.

I've tried latest CVS, everything compiled, the cutlists came up - but
it froze randomly while setting up the cutlists. I also ran into the
transcode explosion (30 minute show going from 1GB to something like
12GB).

So, I want to get the stable source code for 0.16 that Jarod's guild
had me install... but I'd also like to get the source code. I can then
add the single patch and see if I'm better for cutlists.

However, the apt repository doesn't document (that I can find) how to
install the source via apt-get. I'm downloading RPMs right now, but
I'd appreciate knowing how to setup my sources.list appropriately for
future reference.

Thanks!
-Rob