[mythtv-users] Which Distribution?

David 'Druid' Sharp mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Sat Jan 15 21:00:49 EST 2005

Mike Wrote:

>Hi-

>Any advice for getting PVR-350 tv-out working?  I fought with FC3 for
>a few weeks and am in the process of installing SuSE 9.2 and will try
>there.  I'd gotten bits and pieces working in Fedora , but never the
>whole thing (ivtv, lirc...) in the same install...  So, any hints,
>howtos, suggestions would be appreciated.  I was going to install from
>rpm using apt as described http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/mythtv.html,
>but if you can suggest specific versions of ivtv, that you know work,
>I might be tempted to start from scratch.  Thanks for any insight,

Ok, how about this, On Monday I will be getting a Pundit-R and a Nova-T,
I will be putting the PVR-350 in there along with 2* 120Gb disks (No CD/DVD)

I'll be sticking SuSE 9.1 [1] on and I'll document everything as I go, it'll
be UK/PAL and I'll make it as much of a step by step howto as possible.

Hell it'll give me something constructive to do while waiting for
apt to download everything ;-)

have a look at http://fastdruid.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mythsuse91howto.html
on _Monday_ night.

Druid

[1] For a number of reasons:
a) Because I'm used to SuSE
b) FC3 didn't work for me
c) I have a set of original 9.1 disks :-)
d) last time I checked 9.2 wasn't available for download