[mythtv-users] AMD or Intel?

John Johnson johnatl at mac.com
Sat Jan 15 12:07:39 EST 2005

When comparing, don't be biased by AMD's (deceptive, IMO) "model
numbers". I.e. if you compare a 2.2GHz intel and a 2200+ AMD, you will
be disappointed with the performance, since the AMD 2200+ is a 1.5GHz
processor.

I've never used AMD because of this practice. It seems Intel is getting
into this now with their part numbers, such as 520, 530, etc. The first
digit being 5 implies they are faster than AMD's models which begin
with 2 or 3.

Regards,
   JJ